Thursday, October 13, 2011

It's time I do it!

More than 2 years since my last post, it's time I fill in the lost times.

An extract from 'The Big Short', an ideology followed by Michael Burry - a student of neurology, a surgeon and founder of the hedge fund Scion Capital LLC, a financial expert by inclination.

"Time is a variable continuum. An afternoon can fly by or it can take 5 hours. Like you probably do, I productively fill the gaps that most people leave as dead time ... ... ... Before I went to college the military had this "we do more things before 9 am than most people do all day" and I used to think and I do more than the military."

My mother's words those, exactly! Well, in my case, my afternoon just flies by and I've hardly seen the 9 o'clock sun. But times do change. And time is ticking on my side now. May be not the military, but I do aspire to become a financial expert one day! So here I declare, hereon I shall do more things better and better things more!!

4 comments:

Ujwal said...

Aarti ramanan from CS ?

Amit said...

Hmm a good start is always half done and a good start is always starting before rising sun. In fact acc to Hindu methology one sud not leave or come home under Sun... what it means is that one should leave for work before sun rises and come back after sunset. I have seen ppl who stays in bed simply bcoz they have nothing to do.... All I can say is that rather waiting for work to make u get up early, y dont u get up early and find some work!!!

Aarti Ramanan said...

Hi Ujwal... Yes :)

Aarti Ramanan said...

Hi Ujwal... Yes :)